Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Having Inner Peace

"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it." - Groucho Marx Ever had a time when one thinks to themselves "wow my life is absolutely wonderful!!". Then as the day goes on; feeling blessed and thanking God for this wonderful life and appreciating all the lessons learned a curve ball is thrown into the mix. Faced with a dilemma, stressed, frantic, and now the wonderful and bless life is upside down. I had that happen to me two weekends ago. What went through my mind was not what I would normally preach to people EVERY SINGLE DAY.. I was frantic; thinking not for the moment but what will happen the next day. I prayed and prayed and prayed to God to help me. As things some what calmed down I realized I lost all focus on how to handle situations that was stressful and out of my control. Then, I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and told myself to have inner peace and to be patient with what was going on. Then, I turned to God and ask what am I to learn from this?
As it turns out I needed inner peace, patience, and God with me at all times to over come these stressful situations; even if it is out of my control. I did learn several lessons from that situation. I've learned I am blessed with people who care for me and are there for me. I have a lot of people who care for me and would drop what they are doing to be there for me. Even to this day; I have people in my life checking on me to make sure I'm safe, happy, and well. I appreciate each and everyone of you who helped me and are there for me. Thank you so much.. I love you all dearly. Now onto trusting the Lord and staying calm Always.. "In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears." (Psalm 18:6)
"The most powerful determinant of happiness is the quality of our relationships with other people." - Christopher Peterson (professor of Positive Psychology at University of Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment