Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Do You Fran?

Fran proved to be my nemesis back in late 2010, but yesterday I conquered her.  For 4 months I could not do any type of pull-ups, Kipping pull-ups, nor strict pull-ups.  I was committed to recover from my shoulder injury.  I did exactly what my Physical Therapist and Sports Massage Therapist at Catz of Austin told me to do.  I wasn't easy; it would eat me alive from the inside watching others play on the bar; doing their pull-ups, kipping pull-ups, and even trying out their butterfly pull-ups.  But I knew that I needed to stay off the bars; until I recovered.  Yesterday was my time to shine!!  After 4 months of zero pull-ups I did my rehabilitation Fran.  I Rx'd Fran; no help, no scaling and I completed Fran in 8 minutes 32 seconds.  I was nervous that I would not be able to finish, but I pushed through it and committed to finish.  Now I just need to work on my speed and Fran and I will end up having a love/love relationship.  This is one of my favorite videos of Fran; I use to watch this back when I was contemplating doing CrossFit (2007).  Enjoy!  The music is awesome too!






http://youtu.be/IVBgKB4Gnsw

No comments:

Post a Comment